The National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ) in the UK and Ireland is designed to be generic and is accepted as the standard qualification for most beach lifeguards on most UK beaches.
The course is open to candidates aged 16 and over and provides intensive theoretical and practical training in the theory and practices of Beach Lifeguarding, resuscitation, open water rescue skills and first aid. Beach lifeguarding demands a range of different skills to allow for the varying conditions lifeguards may encounter.
• Beach Lifeguard theory – teaching of the theories and practices of beach lifeguarding – most of which relate to the primary role of a lifeguard in preventing accidents.
• Open water rescue skills – candidates will gain experience using a range of equipment to perform simulated rescue in the sea including the torpedo buoy and where applicable rescue boards.
• Life Support – candidates will receive thorough training in resuscitation techniques for adults, children and babies up to Life Support 3 the RLSS UK’s highest life support award.
• First Aid – candidates will also be trained in first aid and many go on the complete the HSE First Aid at Work , which is a valuable qualification recognised by all employers.
The Beach Life Guard training and assessment costs £300 per person, we are also able to offer places for students (in current full time education) at £200 per person. If you have already got your Beach Lifeguard qualification and need to re-qualify the cost is £195 per person. We are able to provide accommodation on site for both the Beach Life Guard Training and Assessment, please ask for further information.
• You must be at least 16 years old
• Be able to jump/dive into deep water
• Be able to swim 400m in less than 8 minutes
• Be able to swim 200m continuously on your front and back
• Be able to surface dive up to 2m
If you’ve still got any questions or want to talk through this qualification is appropriate for you, or to book please contact Mark Garland directly on 07973 910120 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.